Friday, May 9, 2008

Chicken Nugget Comparison

I always feel a little guilty because Costas eats chicken nuggets for lunch a few days a week. He loves them and I know he will eat a good portion. I always buy the Chicken Drumettes from Trader Joes which are made with white meat and are all natural, but I thought I would try out the Morningstar Chik'N Nuggets, which are made from soy protein. As for a taste test, Costas didn't seem to notice a difference, although he didn't eat as much of the soy nuggets. I preferred the real chicken. Then, I compared the nutritional guidelines and was surprised to find that the real chicken nuggets had less fat and calories than the soy (TJs: 150 calories/6 grams of fat; MS: 190 calories/7 grams of fat). The Morningstar also costs more. So, back to TJs for more chicken nuggets and all of the other food that we love there.

2 comments:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

we dont have trader joes closeby but we also buy chicken nuggets. last week i bought some brand that was $6 or $7 that were in the shape of dinosaurs. they were a big hit.
aj has a pb&j every day for lunch...no better than chicken nuggets. ha!

Mom of 3 Boys said...

hope you had a nice moms day!!!!