Monday, February 25, 2008

I Was Tagged

Rules for the “Five Random Facts”: Each player starts with five random facts/habits/stories about themselves. Anything will do. Be creative. The person who is tagged needs to write a post on their own blog (about their five things) and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose one person to get tagged and list their name/blog. Don’t forget to leave a comment on their blog telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.

1. I love being a stay-at-home mom. I love listen to Costas while he plays alone with his toys. I love when Actaeos gives me a big smile. I love the big hug I get when I pick up Costas at preschool. I love nursing Actaeos. I love to read with both kids and go on walks on the trail near our house together. I love getting (and giving) hugs and kisses from my boys. I like doing fun things together, like going to the zoo or hunting for bugs.

2. I love to sing. I don't like to sing in front of other people, but I got up the nerve to take a singing class at the community college in Arizona where we had to take turns singing solos in front of the class and being critiqued by the teacher. I don't think that I'm very good, but I enjoy it and that's what matters. I have always wanted to try karaoke, but have never had the guts. I especially like songs from Broadway musicals. I love to watch American Idol because of the singing.

3. I have always been very shy. As an adult, it doesn't show as much because once I know someone, I feel comfortable and I talk more. When there is more than one person to talk to, I clam up. When I was a kid, I would cry when "Happy Birthday" was sung at my birthday parties, because I didn't like the attention. My mom usually had the kids stop singing.

4. I hate to cook and clean. If I was rich, the first thing I would do would be to hire a cook and a housekeeper. My house is usually pretty messy, not dirty, just messy. If someone is coming over, I clean up very quickly because I don't want people to see my messy house. I love going to someone else's house that is messy. It makes me feel very comfortable and at home :) And I do cook, because we have to eat; I don't buy fast food or takeout.

I am going to tag my friend Kelly.

7 comments:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

grrr. my message disappeared!
i had no idea about the singing. that is neat.
i never thought your house was messy! it was probably cleaner than mine on any given day. we must be queens of the 5 minute pickup!
and shy thing...in kindegarten i wouldnt say the pledge of allegiance at all....not until i was allowed to hold the flag and then i started saying it (we all took turns in front of class). funny.
cant wait to read kellys :)

Mary S. said...

Good post. I am a friend of Lorraine's and had to see who was tagged. I was such a shy kid too and still hate opening gifts in front of a lot of people. Good one, now I will have to spy on whoever Kelly is.haha!

Cassie said...

Lots of shy kids out there!

kelly said...

That is so scary about the boy who was kidnapped. That would have made me super paranoid as a kid. I was already scared enough, kidnapping was a big thing when we were kids.

LeeAnn said...

Im so glad that you took more time to do this then me!! You were a great tag. I loved your stories!! Awwwwwwwwww If I had been at your parties growing up I would have cried because you were!

Ms. Doe said...

Oh my gosh!!! We should totally go to Sushi 80's. They do karaoke. I went with Beckie and Angela (2 ap mommies) and we had so much fun! Beckie and I got up and sang, it was a blast! If you do it, I'll do it. ;)

Cassie said...

Is that a dare? I'll try and muster up some courage.